Monday, April 15, 2002

Saturday night, I made JonJon go back to see Helle's Belles with me again. The good review in the Times Picayune's Lagniappe section coupled with word of mouth must've resulted in a lot more interest because the show was completely packed.

And the SRO crowd seemed to feed the energy of the cast and give them something more to play off of than they had at the previous show that I saw. The timing was a bit better and the cast obviously enjoyed playing off of the enthusiasm of the crowd. The result was that a funny show became much funnier. I laughed much harder the second time around.

New Orleans being the odd incestuous city that it is, I knew that fellow bloggers TJ and James were supposed to be there as well as my friend, Jinger. Jinger was going with her long-time friend Tiffany, who this past year discovered that Richard, the director of the play, was her long lost half-brother. Whew! Got all that??

Anyways, James didn't make it so I didn't meet him, and I had no clue what TJ looked like. I did see Jonno, who I discovered hasn't even glanced in my blog in so long that he has no clue of the changes I've made. *pout*

After the play, we stopped at the John, in the Marigny, for another drink. Ridiculously simple bar with gold painted toilets in the main room. Cheap drinks served in mason jars. Right down home... sort of...

Then we hit a couple of the gay bars, Lafitte's and Good Friends, as well as 735. Nothing too exciting happened. Oh yeah, and then I drug JonJon into the Phoenix on the way back to the car. *snort*

Whoo hoo....!! Angel's new tonight!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States