Wednesday, April 24, 2002

Okey doke... after almost pushing myself off the edge of sanity by staying up for hours on end with the new computer, ripping CDs, downloading music, etc... i finally got some sleep last nite and made myself spend a great portion of my day off today away from the computer...

the result being a saner, happier, tanner Drew...

I got up a bit late today, downloaded a tune, updated the iPod a bit and then sensibly decided to head to the French Quarter for the afternoon. Listening to my iPod along the way changes everything. I can totally set the tempo and mood for my day by the music i listen to. And that's a good thing.

I spent a large portion of the afternoon at Tower and Virgin browsing CDs. I only bought one CD, a compilation called American Gigolo, which has some amazing electro singles on it. Oh, and a $6 used copy of the soundtrack to Velvet Goldmine at another place.

I ran into another Baton Rouge expatriot, Andy, at Tower while checking out. And wound up going back to Virgin with him to browse DVDs. And we spent almost two hours doing that. And it was a blast. Afterwards, I walked further into the Quarter with him and we had coffee at CC's. I owe Andy a huge debt because he totally knocked me out of the funk I've been in lately. I had a really terrific time hanging out with him.

Then I took a streetcar home and spent a little more time downloading Moby's new single, which I hadn't heard yet. I worry that his new CD may not be that popular. I don't know if this single will attract that many people. Before you rush to think that I don't like it... i think it's fucking brilliant. But, I don't know about everyone else.... it's reminds me of Bowie at his peak. Totally fucking brilliant. This is so gonna be my favorite song for a while.

Then my friend Jonathan called to see what was up in my world. I was going to go see a late show of Resident Evil, but he asked me to go to the Balcony Bar on Magazine with him instead. And I did. And it was fun. A medium sized group of his PJ's (coffee shop) coworkers were there. And they were quite fun. Prior to that, he came by my apartment and I felt quite proud of the way he was lusting after my computer. It's really quite the machine... I also gifted him with a CD that i burned at amazing speeds of some relatively obscure Bjork tracks...

Now, I'm back home and more content than I've been in days... Life is good. And I have the upcoming weekend off... and Jazzfest is coming...

much thanks to Andy and Jonathan...

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States