Thursday, August 30, 2001

Thursday... afternoon one of vacation...

I went to da Quarter for the afternoon. Just missed the bus, so I 'shopped' at Winkies on Magazine for a bit first. Saw three shirts and a pair of pants I'd like to have. Budget doesn't allow for them tho...

Sat next to a incredibly cute guy on the bus. Retro hair, lots of tats, striped pants and a ragged white tank top. Yummy.

Once in the Quarter, I drew lots of stares b/c of the bandage on my arm covering my tattoo. Headed to Fifi's to show it to Flynn. Drew lots of approval from him and the staff. Made plans to meet at Shim Sham later in the nite.

Next to CC's for a iced soy latte. Served to me by CustomTaylored from gay.com. I didn't say anything to him about recognizing him. Cute boy tho.

Then I wondered down to Gargoyles shoes and looked at the $180 pair of boots and the $104 pair of shoes (black leather with orange and yellow flames) that I want. Sigh. Went into Gargoyles clothes and had half the staff ask to see my tattoo. Much admiration. Friendly people.

Lots and lots of gay peeps wondering about the Quarter. Lots and lots of overdeveloped pecs. Lots of hot leather daddy types. Yum.

Traipsed through Virgin Mega and listened to Stereolab. Not too sure if I like it. Ran into Bookstar and ran into my district manager. He asked why I was bandaged and when I looked embarrassed about the tattoo, says he doesn't care and that he thinks its cool. :)

Walked thru Jackson Square and ran into Jonno getting a temporary tattoo from Tanner. I say nothing to Tanner about the breakup and nothing about the fact that I know what a cheating bastard he's been. Anthony, who I can never decide on the cuteness of, wonders by also...

Then to the gay bars. Decent crowds for a Thursday at 5ish. Pre Decadence mode. Went to Rawhide for a bloody mary. (they make the best by far) The bartender called me 'boy' when he took my order. Unfortunately... not cute... not handsome...

Drifted along with my bloody mary. Was walking past 735 just as they opened their doors. Tom the manager and great bud sees me and motions me in. Chat chat chat. He's in major manic mode and drinks half my drink. But, he gives me 3 weekend passes. And I'm sure I'll get a few comped drinks over the weekend. Heh, he was impressed with how good the bloody mary was...

Streetcar home. Potatoes baking in the oven. Bowie on the stereo. Out again in about two hours to meet Flynn and friends at the Shim Sham...

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States