Saturday, August 04, 2001

Life in New Orleans...

This week pretty much sucked cuz an out of nowhere sinus infection kicked my ass up and down the stairs. I hate these fuckers. They always start with a tickle in the throat and a vague feeling that things smell 'wrong'. Next thing you know, I'm sick as a dog. Getting older sucks. Sinuses suck. But, I'm getting better. Much better.

So, we may or may not have a tropical storm heading towards us. I hope not cuz I live in a neighborhood where the streets flood BADLY. I don't wanna get stuck in my house. Specially if the power goes out. I lived thru a week of August heat with no AC after Andrew a few years ago. I have no desire to go through that again. The adult side of me also doesn't want my store to lose sales as we do during bad weather.

I've actually gotten a couple of emails lately letting me know that people are reading my blog, which is gratifying. (Hi Doug ) Last nite, I got a really interesting long one from a person of indeterminate gender who noticed my webpage on gay.com and referred to me as 'a pretty kick ass motha *BLEEP*'. That was extremely gratifying. Heh. I'm kick ass. Heh.

So, tonite is White Linen Night. Pretentiousness will abound at art galleries. And I shall mingle. And probably inwardly sneer at 99% of the art. Hopefully someone will have something interesting on display. And hopefully I can succesfully steer my different friends who dislike one another in opposite directions...

If anyone out there wants to buy me anything, head on over to http://www.amazon.co.uk and buy me either Chasm City by Alastair Reynolds or Origin by Stephen Baxter. :)

I want those 2 books SOOO bad and I'm too broke to buy them. Unfairness of life...

An interesting thing I've observed... When I ask a the question "Am I preppy or alternative?", I get differing answers depending on who I ask. Some people say "definitely preppy", some say "alternative, you're not preppy at all". I think the truth lies somewhere in between. And I don't think I'm preppy or alternative. Of course, I don't think anyone who is 'alternative' these days is really alternative at all.

I think i need a nap...

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States