Tuesday, August 28, 2001

I think I'm finally coming out of a 2 week funk in which I stumbled around feeling dull as dishwater. Whoo hoo... just in time for Decadence. *yawn* Maybe I can transform myself into a Blog Superstar now...

I'm currently obsessed with Mary J. Blige's new song, "Family Affair". I've never ever liked her before, but this is one fierce song. Fierce fierce fierce. And I don't understand half the damned words to it. Heh. I also bought the new Crystal Method CD which I think sounded much better thru the Virgin Megastore headphones than it did once I got it home. It's decent but it seems like a retread of their first CD. I do like the song with Scott Weiland tho. I believe the new Stereolab CD is out today... and Bjork... yummies.

I'm currently debating between getting something else pierced or a new tattoo. I can more easily afford a piercing than a tattoo at the moment. I want the tattoo more tho. I want multiple tattoos actually. The first one will be an old alchemical symbol for mercury on the inside of my right forearm. It's sort of a cross with a hooked cup at the top and an S in the cup. Kinda plain, but I like it. And I love the concept of Mercurius in alchemy. It's a symbol that's very appropriate for me to have on my body, I think. Much like currently having the key to hell on my upper arm was quite correct for me to get. I'm poor tho and tattoos aren't cheap.

I went out Sunday nite to hang out with my friend Wil and a new friend of his at the Pub. Ran into my date from earlier in the week and got a distinctly uncomfortable vibe off of him. Ah well... prolly the nail polish... Had a good bit of fun just sitting at the bar in the Pub watching videos. Wil's friend Cy was a decent fellow.

Later, after turning down a 3-way with two guys that I'd just met and wondering around for a bit and having a nice conversation with 2 black female hookers, I wound up at Rawhide. And just as I was about to leave, I ran into Flynn and Jonno. They were sufficiently thrashed and both were in full-on post-Hedwig rockstar mode. They had a cute newly married couple from Rochester NY with them. And she was wearing her wedding dress (a simple one). They'd been to see Hedwig twice and met Flynn post show. I had MUCH fun hanging with the four of them. Rawhide is simply the best place to hang with friends late at nite in the Quarter, I think.

2 days till vacation... count count...

Vacation plans... Decadence (duh)... tattoo? (prolly not)... pierce an eyebrow or something? (maybe, prolly not)... go to Movies (Ghost World, Jeepers Creepers, Ghosts of Mars)... go out dancing a lot (735 mostly, cuz i'm a VIP *riiiight*)... Dick Party at the Red Room? (prolly not, i think it's done)... Swamp Club? (cancelled for Decadence? not sure)... visit Flynn a lot at Fifi's (hanging out at Fifi Mahoneys' ups your cool factor by ten, i think)... bike bike bike (need exercise)... sun sun sun (need tan)... eat well (Whole Foods trip on Thursday)... drink in moderation (promises promises)... buy a CD or 3 (Stereolab?)... sleep with at least one cute out of town boy (*best mischevious face*)... relax (frankie says)...

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States