Friday, August 31, 2001

My Thursday nite out...

Flynn calls around 8:30 and asks if I can take him to the airport to pick up a friend. I got into overdrive cuz we have to be at the airport at 10:10 and I have to pick Flynn up in the Bywater first. I throw together boots, black cut offs and my black t-shirt with Judas Priest on it in silver glitter. At Flynn's we add black eyeliner.

At the airport, I drop Flynn at the pickup area and we decide that I should drive in cirles instead of parking. Twenty five minutes later of driving around, I finally pick them up at the door. Ugh.

We decide to head straight out to the Quarter. Parking is madness. Finally we get lucky and find a spot on Esplanade. We trudge back to the Shim Sham on Tolouse and get their after the cover begins. But Flynn gets us in anyway. Yay. To the bar... the bartender comps our first round of drinks. Yay. From the moment I'm in the bar, chicks are digging my Judas Priest shirt.

I meet lots and lots of cool people through Flynn, mostly at the upstairs bar, where I purchase another beverage. Run into Robert, Jeff, Kris and a couple of their friends. See a few of my (lesbian brigade) employees. Chat with Mike a bit. A driveby hello to Robin and Anthony.

I go back upstairs to purchase another drink and arrive just a guy is buying drinks for the entire room. Sweet.

We eventually tire of 80s retro and head to the Rawhide. It's bursting at the seams with leathery, denimy, bearish, muscly types. Quite tasty actually. Of course I draw no attention. Bleh. Probably the Judas Priest t-shirt and eyeliner...

At some point, Jonno wonders along. And around this time I discover that *someone* did a couple bumps when we were at the Shim Sham. And made out with the straight boy who supplied it.

After much ogling and drunken blather, we decide to call it a (relatively) early nite around 2:30. On the way back to the car, we grab Macaroni & Cheese from the Verti Mart. Yum.

I drop the boys off. Home. Blissfull slumber.

Today? clean the apartment? a movie? cook? read? vacation...

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States