Sunday, June 24, 2001

Yesterday was a good shopping karma day.

I went to Baton Rouge for the day to do family stuff. But I made a few purchases while I was there.

Went to my favorite grocery store up there, Calandros, and bought a bunch of sundried tomatoes. No one in New Orleans has sundried tomatoes that are as good.

Went to Toys R Us. About the only thing I miss about living in Baton Rouge is that I could very easily find almost any action figure that I wanted on the shelves. Back around Christmas, a four pack of Batman action figures came out that had a figure of Alfred the butler in it. I was too poor to buy it for forever. So, now they've all disappeared and are selling on eBay for $35 to $50. But, the Toys R Us in Baton Rouge still had 5 on the shelf for $19.99. Yay. I got Alfred. It would be pathetic to own every single Batman animated character figure except for Alfred. They also had the big Mach 5 playset, a large plastic version of Speed Racer's car. But that wasn't in my budget.

On the way back, I stopped in Gonzales at the outlet mall. At Book Warehouse, I hit the payload. I found 5 books that I've wanted to read but that I never purchased for $6 to $8 each. All hardcover in excellent shape.

Yay.

I'm gonna go read...

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States