Monday, June 04, 2001

I'm learning just how small a city New Orleans is at times. Everyone that I meet is somehow connected to other people that I already know or have just met. It's sort of irritating.

The New York Times yesterday had a high day for cool art. Charles Burns did a great drawing of Sandra Day O'Connor on the magazine section. And Chris Ware brought his usually amazing art to the Book Review. The cover and lots of groovy little interior drawings. Ware's Jimmy Corrigan was definitely one of the coolest books published last year. And absolutely the most beautifully designed, IMO.

Had fun at Swamp Club at the Country Club last nite. A fun little collective of people. A few sleazy goings on near the pool. Impromptu Patsy Cline done extremely terribly yet somehow quite pleasingly by a terrible terrible (in a good way) drag person. Discovering that Jonno's Richard is evidently obsessed with Haysi Fantaysi, or at least once was. Being sort of sad about having sold my record collection when Flynn played Romeo Void. Being happy when I got home and discovered that among the 30 or so records I kept was Romeo Void. Watching Dave reconnect with his childhood friend Gerald and act like a complete goofball.

Its sort of interesting, I really wonder if anyone else in my life will ever have the same level of familiarity that I still feel with Dave. I absolutely don't love him anymore (well, I love him, I just don't LOVE him), but there's not another person on this planet that I'm so completely and utterly comfortable to be around. And that's saying a lot. *shrug*

Oh, and even though the Simpsons was a repeat last nite... it rocked... "Shut up! That's why!" Classic line.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States