Tuesday, June 12, 2001

I'm really quite dreadful at this so far...

Went back to work in a much peppier mood after my days off and got a lot achieved i a small amount of time. The rain I mentioned a week ago pretty much stayed around for a week. But I only got trapped in my house by flooded streets once and only for a couple of hours.

Interesting discovery, one that I hate to admit, is that Internet Explorer works a lot better with Blogger for me than Netscape does. Netscape still does Java a lot better for me though. Sigh. I wanna live in a one browser world, preferably one not connected to Bill Gates.

I'm still LOVING the new Air CD, 10000 HZ. If you don't like Air, you're boring, so there. The new Travis CD is out today which I must have as well. Must must must. I'll probably buy it at work tomorrow. I also see that there's a Belle & Sebastian CD listed as out today. Is this new also? Hmmm.

Books recently... I started Clive Barker's COLDHEART CANYON at around 3 last Monday afternoon. With a two hour break, I read until 4 am and finished all nearly 700 pages of it. I quite liked it, obviously. It's sort of a Hollywood Babylon of the dead... and undead. The story of a hollywood action star who has plastic surgery which goes astray. To recover, he hides away in the long abandoned home of a forgotten silent screen star... a house where old Hollywood used to have parties of great excess. And a lot of them are still hanging around... Part Hollywood tell-all, part Wild Hunt, part haunted house, part Dorian Gray... all good read.

Now, I've started Neil Gaiman's AMERICAN GODS. I'm only on the first chapter so it's hard to get a read on it and I avoided reading the cover blurbs on purpose. Gaiman, for those who don't know, was the author of the Sandman comic books. He's a bit of an artistic genius, I'd say. GODS seems like it's going to shape up perhaps as a bit of an exploration of what gods America may or may not have and why we do or don't have them... *shrug* New country and all that...

I keep running across mentions of Myra Breckinridge lately... interesting... a splendidly bad movie I happen to own a copy of. Vanity Fair did a great article a couple months ago about the making of it and how it destroyed a movie studio and a young director's career.

Car trauma this week... Spent $700 to get a gas leak and my AC fixed. Went out this morning and the gas is still leaking... *sigh* Back to the shop tomorrow... Just slit my wrists for me, someone... I don't have any more money, evil car people!

Wanna go to the park or the Quarter today and read somewhere under a tree or something, but I have to wait for the mail. Why does it always come early when I wanna mail something out, but late when I'm waiting for something to come??

*look around* I REALLY need to clean my apartment...

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States