Thursday, June 21, 2001

Ok, so I tried to post a couple days ago, but the blog gods ate my post...

A few random mutterings today...

What the fuck ever happened to My Bloody Valentine??? They (he) were a great fucking band, damn it. And when the fuck is Mazzy Star gonna put out a new CD? Hello, Hope!!! Get off your ass and make me a new album.

Work has been nutso and life consuming this week. I've been crunching numbers and making schedules like crazy. It's a whole new world at work next week and I'm the architect. Eek. I'll prolly be hated by a few.

I currently have a bit of a mad crush on someone that I shouldn't have a crush on. Too young, too far, too etc...

Neil Gaiman's AMERICAN GODS is the fucking bomb. Amazing amazing novel. It's so good I'm reading it really slowly. That's exceedingly rare for me. Usually I eat novels in large gulps. I consumed Clive Barker's 680 page COLDHEART CANYON recently in less than 9 hours one afternoon/evening.

Just in case you care... my favorite Batman Animated action figures are Catwoman, the Creeper, Retro Batman, Nighwing, Dick Grayson Robin and Mr Freeze. And I jones for Batmobiles. Batmobiles rock the everloving ultraUniverse.

I'm off this weekend. Whoo hoo. Gonna go to Baton Rouge for the day on Saturday. Should be a bit melancholy. Gonna do family and then visit a few old haunts. Then back to NO for the nite.

I am VERY tired of having short hair.

The Smiths are the coolest band that I didn't like in the 80s. Weird that I didn't. I think it had to do with the goofy dances I always saw the gothy people doing everytime How Soon is Now played in a club.

I still can't decide if I'm preppy or alternative. *sigh*

I need a new tattoo soon. It's decided what it is. It's the alchemical symbol for mercury. And it's gonna be on the inside of my right forearm. I need to find something mystical and symbolic and small to put on the outside of my left forearm. Suggestions anyone? I've been looking at angelic languages, cuz I think John Dee is swell, but everything I find sort of bores me.

I crave the beach.

I ate a bunch of peanuts earlier this week and now I can't stand the smell of them. Blech.

I wanted to rent a movie tonite. But I have late fees at every video store within 5 miles, I think.

Such is my life...

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States