Wednesday, June 27, 2001

Wednesday... halfway through another week...

A crazy week at work. Introduced new scheduling. Why is it that the slightest bit of change can be so threatening to people? I'm watching competent grown adults act like helpless 5 year olds now on a daily basis. But, this shall pass...

Went to a new sushi place in Metairie, Miyako I think, for dinner last nite. Very yummy. Except I kept dropping my sushi into the ramekin with the soy sauce in it. So, the table was covered in soy sauce and my friend Jinger and I were giggling hysterically the entire time. It also didn't help that I had a terrible time getting the futomake into my small mouth. And everytime I would whine "I have a small mouth, this is big sushi", Jinger would go into hysterics. I think maybe there was a sexual connotation there...

I'm currently reading 3 different novels. Sad, huh? I have trouble keeping my focus on one story lately...

I have a date tomorrow night, which I'm quite looking forward to. But, I expect it to fall apart somehow... He's a couple years older than me. Professional. Well grounded, I think. Handsome. Nice guy. Yep... something's gonna go wrong...

UNBREAKABLE came out on DVD and video this week. I love this movie. Rent it. It's by the director of THE SIXTH SENSE and, IMO, it's a much better and more finely crafted film. Pay very close attention to the small details and dialogue throughout the film and you'll feel smart at the end of it. I did.

Today is such a grey day. Hmmm... a good day to go to work, I suppose. Better be sunny tomorrow. I wanna bike all day... before my date, that is...

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States