Thursday, March 07, 2002

It appears as though I've never mentioned the fact that my ex-boyfriend, Dave, joined the Peace Corps. Or at least that's what he claims.

So... my ex, Dave, joined the Peace Corps. He's currently training in the Dominican Republic and I got my first email from him today.

And he sounds happy. And that makes me happy.

Dave walked away from a job that payed him a really decent salary to be an unpaid volunteer in an extremely backward country. He didn't like his career, so he changed things. Part of me thinks he was sort of stupid, but a larger part of me greatly admires him for having the cojones to change the life he didn't like.

The hard part is that Dave and I were extremely good friends, the type of friendship that being in a relationship for 7 years can forge. We talked frequently. And now I can't just pick up the phone and call him when I see a stupid commercial. But, as long as I keep getting email from him that sounds like he's in a good place mentally, I'll be okay with that.

I do miss ya though, Dave...

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States