Friday, March 01, 2002

Fridays... blah...

I'm just up and not very inspired by the weather outside. It's grey, cool and misty rainy. And I have to be at work at noon.

Work should be sort of interesting late in the day. Chris Rice is going to be doing a reading and signing for his new novel, The Snow Garden tonight at 7. So, hopefully, a bunch of cute boys will come to see him. *smirk* Just to be safe, I'm making sure I look killer today.

I've been terribly uninspired of late to do much reading, which sucks. I've been trying to read some Storm Constantine or to finally finish The Naked God, the last book in Peter F. Hamilton's Night's Dawn trilogy.

I went to see Queen of the Damned yesterday. Boy, and I always thought that book was bad. The novel is an absolute masterwork compared to that dreadful lifeless film. And I have to say it. No one else will. She may be dead now, but Aaliyah was without a doubt one of the worst things about the movie. She was dreadfully miscast, but then so was most of the cast.

On a final note, you may want to trot over to here if I'm boring you. It's the new ultra-exciting hub of New Orleans blog activity. There are some much more dedicated bloggers hanging about there. Just not cuter ones... *smirk*

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States