Thursday, September 01, 2005

It's a little intimidating to wake up and discover that I've been linked in the British news media. I don't feel like I've been saying anything of much substance beyond doing some cathartic rambling...

The national news channels are very hard to watch right now. I'm sensing a turn towards blame... to city officials and the people of New Orleans. Meanwhile, where are the mentions that since the start of the war in Iraq, George W has consistently slashed every bit of funding we've needed or requested for building more protections for the city or even doing studies on the impact of a storm like the one we've just had. There are mentions in the print and internet media, but they're few and far between.

I also woke up to a new text message on my phone confirming that two more of my friends are safe in Baton Rouge. That's something good...

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States