Wednesday, August 31, 2005

The news is so depressing at this point. Now that the mayor has declared martial law, I honestly hope they start shooting the looters on sight. This is ridiculous... civilazation breaks down this easily?

Don's sister and her husband are still in Algiers. I hope to god they finally make it up here tomorrow. Their son is definitely coming over to us from Baton Rouge tomorrow.

Dave, the ex, and his friends made it in from Atlanta tonight and are staying at my friends Kris & Victor's home. I think they're a bit perplexed about why they returned to Louisiana so soon now that they realize that it's probably going to be weeks before they'll be able to return to the city. Robert left us tonight, to spend a night at Kris & Victor's also before driving home to his parents' home in South Carolina.

I finally talked to my friend Jonathan tonight also. He's in Houston and it sounds l ike he's probably going to stay there permanently. He hasn't heard from our friend Kris, who stayed in one of the harder hit areas, either. He called me a second time later tonight and asked us to start looking for a rental for his parents who are thinking of relocating temporarily to Lafayette.

I also managed to get through a second time to Jinger, one of the employees of the Metairie B&N, who's staying in Baton Rouge. She had info about two more friends of mine who are safe. I think the two of us took a lot of comfort in our conversation. Right now, it's just really great to be able to talk to any of your friends from New Orleans.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States