Thursday, September 01, 2005

An interesting side effect of a house full of people in crisis mode who are all armed with wireless laptops is that we communicate some of our more serious feelings to one another through our blogs and some of the minor things by Instant Messenger.

I just read Richard's blog... and even though I've said it to him verbally many times already, I hope he understands that I don't know if I would have made it through the past several days in anything resembling a sane state if he and Jonno had not come to stay with us. Not knowing where a major portion of your friends are during a crisi like this is unbearable at times, and knowing that two of them are safe in your house is a great comfort. And that we are completely prepared to take care of them for indefinitely. If they tried to pull up stakes and leave anytime even relatively soon, I'd be extremely upset.

And while I've been well aware that Richard has been going a bit insane inside his head, he and my partner Don have been the foundation of our household for the past couple of days. They're the sensible ones.

And while I've been friends with both Jonno & Richard for several years, I haven't really known Richard as well as I know Jonno. And it's been a pleasure to find out that he's every bit the amazing person I thought he was.

So, Richard... I know I can't stop you from being sorry... just know that Don and I are both extremely happy to have you both for weeks on end.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States