Monday, August 05, 2002

Jesus christ, life is good...

I was off work again today and it was a lovely amazing wonderful incredible fantastic amazing day leading into evening.

I woke up early, surfed a bit and then met a friend at the Country Club (the bar with the pool) around 11:30 am. We ordered food delivered poolside from Bywater BBQ and gnoshed down on some incredible fried shrimp poboys. And then I sat poolside with Denise and Beau for almost 7 hours. The weather was perfect, breezy and alternating between cloudy and sunny. It was a everso quickly passing afternoon of strawberry margaritas and observation. We people watched until our eyes hurt.

Then, Beau and I decided to head to the Quarter for the early evening Sunday festivities. We met up again at the Pub and pretty much immediately both met cute guys. He snagged an English hottie with tattoo sleeves. And I got chatted up by a cute latino guy. Cute latino guy was familiar with my blog and has asked that i refer to him as Joe the Latino (Spic Whore). So, um... there... Joe the Latino (Spic Whore) was a sweetheart of a guy. We had lots of nice conversation. And that's it. We'll see if we meet again.

Beau went home relatively early and I wandered down to Lafittes. I sat at the bar and watched retro 80s videos for a bit. While there, a friend of a friend sat across the bar from me and started flirting by mimicking my movements and singing to me. It suddenly occurred to me that he was cute. Hmmm. He left after a bit though. And then the guy I blogged about a while ago who I met out at Lafittes a while ago came wandering into the bar. He came over and apologized for not keeping in contact. He claims he's been out of the state. We'll see...

So, I leave Lafittes and wander back thru the Pub. I run into friend of a friend. We chat. He says he'll see me out next weekend when i say I have to go. I say I'm not going out next weekend. He firmly insists he'll see me out next weekend. Hmmm.

I leave the Pub and head to my car, it being around 11 pm now. I decide to pick up a book from my car and walk to Angeli for dinner before I head home. A bit later, I'm happily full of a Portabella mushroom sandwich. I get my car and head home, singing loudly along to Le Tigre and Sophie Ellis Bextor....

Now... a bath, lotion for my slight sunburn... and blissful sleep....

Life am good...

and, um...i think it's 9 days till someone gets here....

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States