Saturday, August 03, 2002

Confidence.

It's an odd thing. It's a make or break state of being. When you lack it, you're truly screwed. Having it means everything.

Lately, I seem to have it in spades. I'm not sure why exactly, but I've entered into a state of calmness whenever I'm out and about or dealing with boys. I've been flirting like crazy when we go out to bars. Eye contact across the bar, flitting smiles, etc etc. And then I just don't really care if they come over or not. I've entered a zen happy to be me phase. I'm okay with my imperfect body, my (slightly above ) average looks and slightly witty and sly personality.

Jonathan and I have gone out to the Quarter the last 3 nites and I've been had an absolute blast each nite. I've been offered phone numbers, i've been pinched in a few places, there were attempted gropings and lots of lots of smiles. And I just floated through it all with a smile on my face. And rejected them all left and right.

I'm hoping this state lasts for a bit. I like it.

I'm thinking it may have something to do with someone's impending visit.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States