Saturday, June 29, 2002



Does anyone out there possibly have a copy of the movie A THIEF IN THE NIGHT? I would kill for a copy of it, but I don't wanna pay cash to a bunch of evil Xians to get one.

This movie left an indelible mark on my psyche. If you grew up in a Baptist or fundamentalist family of any sort in the 70s, you know exactly what I mean. For years as a child, anytime I found myself completely alone for a minute, I was convinced that I'd been 'left behind'. That the Rapture had come and poor little me had been left to fend for myself against the evil minions of the AntiChrist. That at any moment someone was gonna come around and try to put a barcode on my hand or forehead. That eventually I was gonna meet the guillotine.

So, um... I'd really like to watch it again...

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States