Wednesday, October 23, 2002

An interesting thing has been happening this week... people keep using an adjective to describe me.

nice

"You're such a nice person."

"You're just one of the nicest guys I know."

It's interesing mostly because I think of myself as a relatively mean person... but I do try to be nice...

But, on that note... I do hold grudges. And I've had a really HUGE one against someone for a couple of years. Someone who made my life so uncomfortable that I had to make major changes in it to ensure my own personal happiness. Luckily, at just the right times avenues opened up that allowed me to stay on the path I had chosen.

For a long time, I've hoped that one day that person would get their due. But, it seemed like it would probably never happen.

But...

Through various grapevines and mysterious sources, I've found out that this person's world crumbled around them seriously this past week. His foundations were knocked from beneath him. The people surrounding him all turned against him in the moment that they could have saved him. His career has been permanently marked with the sort of thing from which it can never recover. His professional reputation is in tatters. He's become a bit of a laughingstock after years of extreme arrogance.

He's been brought lower than I ever could've dreamed.

And you should see the size of the smile on my face.

Still think I'm so nice?

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States