Thursday, October 17, 2002

I'm currently reading Donna Tartt's The Little Friend . I'm only a couple of chapters into it, but I'm already sure that this is going to be THE BOOK for this year.

It's been over ten years since Tartt published The Secret History, her first novel which catapaulted her to instant literary fame, and justifiably so. She's evidently spent a great portion of that time crafting this single novel and the attention to it shows on every page.

It's set in Mississippi during the same time period as my childhood, which evidently wasn't so different from Louisiana in the same time. The dialogue and characters are all extremely true.

Hopefully, the entirety of the novel will be just as good as what I've read so far... If so, we have a modern successor to Harper Lee and Carson McCullers on our hand.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States