Thursday, October 17, 2002

I had one of those rare moments in life tonight when you have a HUGE revelation.

My father is seriously ill. Seriously as in we don't know if he's going make it through the next few days. And I was sitting on my front steps pondering this and pondering life. Thinking about my father and my relationship with him, or lack thereof.

And something suddenly occurred to me that I've never realized in my life. Despite never feeling that close to my father or having an intimate relationship with him, I am, in many ways, the same person as my father.

So very much of who I am and how I interact with the world (and my close friends will understand what I mean) is exactly the same as my father's actions and interactions. And I've never realized this in my entire adult life.

hmmm...

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States