Thursday, November 01, 2001

It's been a few days...

Saturday night, Lance didn't feel like going out at all, so we rented a couple movies, BLOWDRY and CATS AND DOGS and watched them at my apartment. He fell asleep on the futon during CATS AND DOGS and I had no choice but to fall asleep on top of him. At some point, we managed to stumble to my bed.

He was working Sunday, so we didn't sleep very late. I did discover that he likes to bite. I like that.

Sunday afternoon, I went to the Quarter with my friend Brian. Spent the afternoon and early evening listening to Susan Moribita spin very happy music for circuit boys. Wound up chatting up a nice couple from San Francisco for quite a while. I think the clothes they were wearing probably cost more than I made last month though. Also wound up dancing with a cute blond circuit boy for a brief time. Until his boyfriend showed up.

Monday was a terrible hangover day, but Lance called midday and forced me off the sofa to go watch K-PAX at the Palace. Not a movie I would have chosen to go see, but I quite liked it.

Tuesday, Lance and I finally got around to watching CATS & DOGS. But, we had to pause it as it was starting because someone decided that we had to have corndogs. Very endearing. Shortly after the movie ended, Lance went home b/c he wasn't feeling well.

Wednesday, I bought new comic books early in the day (New X-Men is out!), went shopping and then went to see THIRTEEN GHOSTS at the Westbank Palace. *yawn* An absolutely dreadfully boring movie. Grabbed some groceries at Super Walmart.

So, a little after 8, I headed to Flynn's house for an Edward Gorey themed cocktail party. I went early b/c I picked stuff up for him at the Super Walmart. A nice halloween early party. Saw Richard, Jonno, Gerald, Beau, his beau Grey and a bunch of other people. After the party, off to the Quarter to wander about. Ran into Dennis, which was great. Need to do more with him. Saw various and sundry people in and out of costume. Wandered about for a bit with Tom from 735. Don't get to spend time with him much. Twas nice.

Then I had a bit of an ugly scene when someone's paranoid delusions about me came spilling out in the street. Very depressing. Very bothersome. Wouldn't even think about entering into a rational discussion. *sigh*

Wandered about a bit more and then ran into Tanner, my ex's ex. He'd been out with Trent Reznor and company, but evidently ole Trent went home early. Heh. So, I gave him a ride home and chatted a bit.

Today, I've done not a damned thing. Started to sort of get depressed since I hadn't talked to Lance in almost 2 days. Dave, the ex, came by on his way out of town to drop some stuff off here. Dave's joining the Peace Corps in February and is gonna be travelling the country in the meantime. I'm gonna miss him a lot.

So, a bit ago, Lance called. Which made me happy. Except he has some potentially bad things happening in his life all of a sudden. Things that could and probably should freak me out a bit too. But, I don't feel that a bit right now. I just wanna keep seeing him as much as possible. And I'm gonna later tonight probably.

It just hit me though, that the one person I instantly wanted to call and talk a bit of this through with is Dave. And he's gone.

I live in interesting times...

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States