Sunday, July 08, 2001

Ugh... I think I've just entered into one of those "gee, I think I'd like to have a boyfriend" phases. Which is ridiculous. I suck at dating.

First off, I have ridiculously high ideals. They have to be reasonably and subjectively attractive. A decent body is required. A slightly alternative mindset is required, but not one that results in a lot of sneering at everyday society. An appreciation of the arts. An ability to read books and watch movies and talk intelligently about them. The ability to like a wide genre of music tastes. etc etc etc...

But, generally, one of two things will happen when I try to date. Either I'll wind up being an ass to them or they'll wind up being an ass to me. Eventually, one of us will wind up hurting the other person. It annoys me to no end when I'm dating someone and they either stop calling, cheat on me, start treating me like dirt etc etc. But, it annoys me even more when I'm dating someone and *I* do any of the above to them. Sigh.... guys suck. Me included.

So... anyone feel like dating??? :)

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States