Tuesday, July 23, 2002

I've mentioned the fact that I bought a new car. What I haven't mentioned is the fact that over the last couple of weeks I've had major problems with my BRAND FUCKING NEW CAR. And I've discovered how aggravating dealing with dealerships and service departments can be. My car developed this annoying habit of jerking very noticeably when I would come to a stop.

So, last week, I took it in to the dealership near where I work, which wasn't where I bought the car. They have it all day. And do nothing to it, not even look at it. I leave it overnite. Halfway thru the day after several phonecalls from me they finally look at it and change out a sensor. But they then call me and tell me that there's an indication of transmission problems and they need to look at that. And they can't do that for another 3-4 days... if i leave my car there the whole time. I go balistic. I call the dealership where I bought the car which is about an hour and a half away and scream madly at them. I go to the local place, get my car and get up at 5 am the next day to take it to the other place. They test it, look at it and inform me that the first place fixed it. They know exactly what the problem is because there's a bulletin from Dodge about it and they assume the other place reprogrammed my car's computer.

I go home.

The car runs fine for two days. And then, as I coast to a stop at a redlight.... a big jerk. So, I call the place of purchase and scream more. Make arrangements to go there on Wednesday. This afternoon, I stop by the local place to find out exactly what they did do to my car last week. Suddenly they're nice. They offer to look at the car that afternoon and to drive me to work.

I accept.

Four hours later, they call me and tell me they're pretty sure it's fixed permanently. I pick it up. It drives better than it has since I got it.

I feel as though seventeen large chimpanzees and one really big ape are suddenly no longer sitting on my shoulders....

unless of course it happens again....

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States