Sunday, July 28, 2002

As the weekend draws to its inevitable close, I now recap for you...

Friday nite, I worked till midnite. My friend Jonathan called me early in the nite and suggested going out. I wasn't sure. But, the idea sounds nice as the nite goes on. I get off at midnite. I call him. He wants to stay home. I go home. I sit around for a bit. I decide to go out.

I get lucky and get a decent parking spot in the Quarter for a Friday nite at 1 a.m. My first stop is Good Friends for a raspberrry stoli cosmopolitan. In my defense, I must admit to having watched a lot of Sex in the City this past week. It's so good, I get another. The bar is pretty crowded for a Friday nite to my surprise. I notice a guy that I think is pretty cute. Midway thru the first drink, he comes over and says hi. I'm a bit surprised, but manage to make decent conversation. But...he has a REALLY annoying voice. Regardless, we talk a while until his friends drag him off to the Pub.

I wander aimlessly for a bit, to Lafittes, which is terribly boring, to 735 and the wind up at the Pub. I buy a bottled water to pace myself for the evening. The bartender, David, is having none of it though. A huge shot appears in front of me on the bar. The polite thing to do is to drink it, so I do. I wind up running into the guy from Good Friends again and talk to him a bit more, but manage to pull myself away from him. As I'm walking around the bar, a reasonably cute guy yells out at me from a barstool. He then apologizes for being so loud, but he evidently really wanted to get my attention. We chat. He's visiting for a wedding and staying on the Northshore. I comment on the horrible long drive he's going to have. His response? "Well, I could always drive back in the morning..." Um... no.

I extract myself again. As I'm walking around the bar, I see a guy who I went on a couple of dates with a couple of years ago who calls me infrequently but never actually makes plans with me. In a playful (and slightly tipsy) mood, I run my finger across his oh so manly chest as I pass him. A couple minutes later he's at my side. He's all, "i was leaving but I could stay if you want me to." I'm all, "hey... you look really good... stay if you want... it's up to you." He goes on with the usual "do you want me to stay" routine. And I act sort of disinterested because I'm annoyed over him calling me so intermittently. And I comment as much. He walks away saying, "I'll be here for a little while yet."

I go upstairs and wander around, running into yet another former date of several times, Jewel. This one being a bit of a major crush of the past as well as a really sweet guy. We're having decent conversation when a really cute blond guy stops to say hi to Jewel. He introduces us and the cute guy kisses me as a greeting. I turn to the bar to get a drink and look back and the two of them have their hands down each other's pants. Seriously. Next thing I know, they've disappeared. Hmmm. I run into Jewel later and comment on the cute guy and wonder whether he's a potential love interest for him. He responds, "no.. he knows the deal between us." Um... okay...

A bit later, I'm tired, so I head home. I go to bed thinking how cool I played it with Mr Intermittent Phone Guy.

Except... I wake up the next morning suddenly realizing that I got Mr Intermittent Date Guy confused with The Really Hot Guy That I See Out Every Once In a While. That wasn't who I thought it was. It was this total hottie that I would never ever normally talk to much less run my finger over the chest of... And he wanted to stay at the bar longer to talk to ME. And *I* blew him off.... Ay carumba... I can only hope he was drunk and doesn't remember too much.

I'm feeling a bit hungover early in the day, so I sit around and do nothing. I watch The Witches on DVD. I love Hammer horror movies... While I'm watching it, my friend Beau calls but I miss the call. He's heading to the Country Club to lay out.

A couple hours later, I get the message and head over there. Hardly anyone is there, but a friend from work meets me there. We hang in the late afternoon sun and have a pleasant time. Then, I head out for a little shopping at the new Target store. Very exciting Saturday nite.

Today I worked all day... And now I'm going read a trashy novel...

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States