Wednesday, May 08, 2002

Finally, a couple of days off of work...

I spent most of yesterday cleaning my apartment and the dog, after grabbing a quick lunch and CD-shopping trip with Jonathan. (I didn't buy anything!) And a lot of time downloadng music off of Limewire.

I'm starting to think that I'm NEVER going to have DSL. Earthlink and Bellsouth still haven't solved the problems. No DSL signal is getting to my house. Ugh. And Earthlink charged me for my first month of DSL service. Although, I do have to give them props for the fact that after I bitched nicely in an email to them about this, they credited back the entire month to me. Nice gesture. Now if only the tech support people would follow up with me like they keep saying they will.

I get really irritated at the people who decide to download music from me while I'm downloading music. I'm like, "hello, i'm on a modem... it's gonna take you for forever..." But, I let them do it...

I think i'm officially getting old now. This past Sunday's New York Times had a big article about the 80s revival and all the new electro bands that are just bubbling under on the music scene. They even had a side article about Fischerspooner. My second favorite band right now just from the one song I've heard.

My favorite is still The Hives. Even more so after seeing their video on MTV2 last nite. OMG. I want the lead singer. Badly. What a hottie. And he's all angry and screamy. Dreamy.

I also finally saw the video for We Are All Made of Stars last nite. What a cool video. Loved all the little cameos. And I still think that the song is the bomb-diggity.

Today's agenda includes a trip to Baton Rouge to shop at Target. Sad, huh? I can't wait for the New Orleans Targets to open already.

It sounds like the workmen who are rebuilding the balcony on the building next door are about to have a smackdown... so it's time for me to go watch through the window...

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States