Friday, January 04, 2002

Since I've not done it in a while, I shall now simply ramble...

Books I've read recently... CHASM CITY by Alastair Reynolds, absolutely my favorite science fiction writer now. His imagination is SOO excellent. I like him so much, I just paid $42 to have a limited edition short novel by him shipped to me from England. Can't wait for it to get here. THE ALCHEMIST by Donna Boyd, remember when Anne Rice wrote halfway decent books? Well, this is on the par with those. Even if it obviously, like Rice, sets up for a sequel. Good book about an immortal alchemist.

The newest issue of New X-Men came out today. It's official now, IMO. It's the best comic book series currently being published. Bloody fucking brilliant.

*sigh* Back on November 9th, I mentioned a couple of guys that I had interest in. I've been thinking about the one I referred to as Guy #1 a lot. A whole lot. In the midst of the dating I've been doing lately, I've realized that I'm a bit of an odd fellow, unique at least. And it's hard for me to find a compatible soul. Guy #1 strikes me as someone I have a lot in common with. So, I called him a couple weeks ago. He never called me back. Then this past Sunday, I went out to the Quarter. Saw him out. He stopped to say hi and said something to the effect of, 'let me get to the bar to buy drinks.' Drinks. One of them for a very cute fellow he seemed to be with. Argh. I'm still sort of depressed about this.

Stupid stupid me.

Feh.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States