Monday, January 14, 2002

Lately, I'm feeling a bit lost. I'm all akimbo. And I don't quite know where I want to go.

An aftereffect of the great head-hitting incident is that I decided to go Sober for a bit. That's right. I've stopped drinking. A very scary thing. I'm not 12-stepping or anything. I've just decided to go on the wagon for an indeterminate period of time. And boy, I have to say, going out to the bars in New Orleans and not drinking is VERY interesting. Wowzers.

One rather irritating thing that keeps happening lately is that I keep running into either guys who've been not so kind to me or guys that I've not been so kind to. Both of these situations arising in the dating arena, natch. The former situation pretty much ruined my little excursion into the French Quarter on Sunday. I immediately, while perusing sweaters at Banana, ran into a boy who just stopped calling me with no warning. Really cute, sweet guy too. I guess even cute sweet guys can be a dick sometimes. I do really regret not letting have his way the night he tried to molest me though. Feh.

Anyways, that just set the tone for a dismal afternoon. I wound up browsing CDs, getting coffee and reading a bit and then catching a bus back home. And the end of my perfect afternoon came when the city bus hit a car and nearly crashed at the corner of Poydras & Magazine. Well, at least it was a bit of excitement.

I'm off work for five straight days later in the week, over the weekend, so that should make for a bit of relaxation and fun. And I have both the extremelyex-boyfriend back in town and an old friend who'll be visiting to hang out with. Hopefully, I can curtail my anti-social tendencies enough to have some fun with them.

I much need to catch up on movies. I intend over those days to see The Royal Tennenbaums, Gosford Park and perhaps Amelie.

Ok, I'm done grousing for now...

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States