Saturday, September 15, 2001

So, last nite, I knew that I had to get up at 5 am this morning, but I still didn't go to bed until 12:30 am. The cute boy called me around 11:45. That was a nice surprise.

I tossed and turned all nite, finally settling down just when the alarm went off at 5. Jumped up, showered, ate some fruit and went to work. We had an event today with 18 local authors and there was a lot of set-up to do.

I got the event running smoothly and had a nice day at work. One of my favorite authors was in the store today to sign, Poppy Z. Brite. She rocks. I love her books much much much.

It was cool getting to hang out with her and her husband and chatting with them for a bit. It was kinda neat for both of us, I think, b/c she and I have had a sporadic email correspondence for a couple of years.

I think I made a good impression in person tho, cuz when she left, she gave me her phone number. :) Cool beans indeed.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States