Thursday, September 13, 2001

In the midst of all the insanity, something good has happened. I met a boy.

Sunday night, I went out to meet my friend Shaun who was visiting from Kansas City at the Pub. I usually don't have a whole lot of fun at the Pub, but I figured I'd make the best of it. Shaun was pretty much toasted when I got out around 1. I was hanging at the corner of the bar with our mutual friend Nick and the boy he was scamming on when an incredibly cute boy stopped to say hi to Nick's boy. I made room for him to get to the bar so he could get a drink. After he got his drink, he stayed nearby.

I was instantly smitten. He was dark, thin, precocious as could be and had a great smile. Smitten.

Somehow we started chatting a little. A little chatting turned into a lot of chatting. He made admiring comments about my tattoos.

Chemistry seems to be cooking. He buys me a drink and the bartender gives us several shots. Chemistry really starts cooking.

A perfect evening of conversation and mad making out follows. I'm absolutely smitten by the way he carries himself, his smile and a really sweet but funky personality. He tells me my breath smells like koolaid (raspberry and vanilla stoli), that *I* smell good and that he likes my tattoos and messed up hair. Finally... a gay boy who likes me for the things most of them don't like me for...

Anyways, we get smashed. Wind up briefly at my apartment, throwing clothes hear and there and then wrap it up before it goes too far. That's a very good sign.

He's working the next day, which is too bad cuz I'm off. I call him soon after I wake, which isn't very early. He seems glad to hear from me. We make lunch plans for Wednesday. Sushi.

The rest of Monday passes. I run into Shaun and Nick at Trolley Stop eating a late breakfast. Nick leaves for home and Shaun and I head to the Bywater to hang out at Flynn's. Jonno is there, as is Jason, an adorably cute friend of Flynn's. A lot of video game playing and nature photography follows. A bit of pot is smoked, but I just observe and settle for a contact high. A really nice chilled out afternoon.

Then Tuesday comes. Not a good day at all. But, you know about that.

Wednesday. The Boy calls me at 10 AM. A very good sign. We make plans for him to pick me up at 11:45 after he runs. I run around cleaning my apartment. He comes over. We go to Sake Cafe. $48 worth of sushi is consumed while we have a really chilled out, extremely comfortable time. I become even more smitten. And he's even cuter and sweeter than I remember.

Coffee after and then we each have places to be at 3. As he turns on my street to bring me back, he says, "gee, my breath is horrible, coffee and tobacco." I look at him and say, "um, you forgot the fish smell, but, gee, why does it matter?" Heh. I know why it matters. Another good sign. :)

And his breath wasn't horrible at all... And he tells me to call him tomorrow morning before I go to work...

Another good sign...

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States