Wednesday, July 26, 2006

We're on day 3 of our San Francisco vacation. So far, we've mostly shopped and spent a ridiculous amount of money on food. We gorged on dim sum in Chinatown, had a nice homey meal at Chow, near the Castro, last night with Jonno and Richard and had dinner on Monday at Postrio, one of Wolfgang Puck's restaurants. We ate there out of ennui, because it's attached to our hotel and we were starving, but it was actually much better than i expected. And I had foie gras, of course... my favorite food that I have yet to find on a menu in Lafayette. Don had squab prepared three ways and I had suckling pig on a bed of polenta. The best part of either was the squab pate. Although, I think my favorite part of the meal was the amuse bouche of mushroom soup with truffle oil.

I imagine I'll have foie gras again tonight as part of my five courses at Restaurant Gary Danko tonight.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States