Friday, July 28, 2006

So... dinner at Gary Danko...

Overall, I thought it was a fantastic dining experience. The service was impeccable, although there was some sort of weird tension throughout the meal between the waiter and two of my friends that dined with us.

I had the five course dinner. I started with Glazed Oysters with Osetra Caviar, Zucchini Pearls and Lettuce Cream. It was a perfectly lovely start to the meal, but it didn't blow me away like I hoped to be with every course. I followed that with Seared Foie Gras with Carmelized Red Onions and Brandied Cherries. This was the point at which the meal began to blow my socks off. The one ingredient I was unsure about when I ordered this was the carmelized red onions, but they totally made the dish. It was utterly divine and the flavors all melded perfectly.

Next up was Seared Yellowfin Tuna with Blue Lake Beans, Piquillo Peppers and Pancetta. The tuna was sliced in small pieces stacked on top of the vegetables. Again, everything worked perfectly.

Next up was the dish that knocked it out of the park for me... Pan Roasted Bison with Fricasee of Summer Vegetables and Black Pepper Gnocchi. Tbis was just insanely amazingly fantasticly wonderful.

Instead of dessert, I had selections from the cheese cart and I'm a bit foggy about what cheeses I had... I know I had Roaring 40s, a cheddar, a goat cheese and something that I've totally forgotten. They were all good, but I think perhaps Marisol had a better cheese selection.

And lastly, I ended the meal with a glass of 1995 Chateau d'Yquem.

Definitely one of the most decadent dining experiences I've ever had...

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States