Tuesday, April 04, 2006

We're on vacation!

This is day 3 of 9 days yachting around Florida. We spent our first night docked at Miami Beach Marina. I got to see my friend Gonzalo's glorious South Beach high rise apartment. And we spent a little time eating and drinking in South Beach. I always thought i'd hate Miami, but I was wrong. It's very beautiful. As are the people... and the cars... and the dogs... and etc etc...

Yesterday, we boated on to Duck Key and we spent the night at Hawk's Cay, a pretty swank and very tropical resort. I'm currently typing on their free wireless internet in 'the Library.' This afternoon it's on to Key West for the next 4 or 5 days, with a day at the Dry Tortugas National Park. We'll see...

I'm loving my new SLVR, cuz I can IM, read my email and get news even when we're pretty far out on the water. And I just spent some time figuring out how to mobile blog with it, as well as how to get my gmail. Don's probably going to throw my phone overboard at some point... But, it is fun IMing people who are at work and saying "oh... we're having cocktails and watching the dolphins swim by..."

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States