Friday, June 24, 2005

Ooook... I'm back!

So, here's the dealio... I mentioned major changes in my life.

I've left New Orleans for my new home in Lafayette, Louisiana. I never would have thought in a million years that I'd give up New Orleans to move to Cajun swamp country. But I did.

Love does funny things to ya, huh?

When I met Don last year, I was pretty much sold from the night I met him. And we tried the medium distance relationship thing for months. It involved a lot of phone calls and Don driving to New Orleans 2 or 3 times a month. But, it wasn't enough.

So, very unexpectedly and very quickly, an opportunity to transfer to Lafayette (where Don lives) with my company came up. Within, 24 hours, Don found me an apartment that he described as "nice, but it's all about the neighborhood, not the apartment." The apartment turned out to be an amazing apartment with an amazing yard in an amazing neighborhood. And two weeks later, I moved to Lafayette.

And everything is working out just peachy... more details soon...

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States