Sunday, July 04, 2004

While this is a really lame news article with little information in it, it makes a very true statement. New Orleans IS becoming the Hollywood of the South. When I was visiting Manhattan, one of my friends there made a comment about how often you run across movies or tv shows being filmed in the streets and I just laughed. It's probably just as common and almost more likely here in New Orleans now.

Celebrity sightings have always been common here, because famous people like New Orleans as much as the common folk. But, over the last year or so, it's ramped up quite a bit. "Nicholas Cage is at DBA every night and someone swore he saw him at the Corner Pocket the other night." "Christina Ricci ate at Sake Cafe Saturday. She hates sushi though."

And the red and white cardboard signs that are used to restrict parking on streets used to spark a little excitement in me, "oooh, a movie's shooting on my street." Now, it's more like, "another movie?? geez."

I think it's great though. For once, our leaders did something right. And if anyone reading this is in contact with Parker Posey, tell her to drop by the Barnes & Noble in Metairie and say hi... I heard she was in town...

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States