Thursday, October 18, 2001

So, last Sunday, I ventured to the Bywater. A fashion show, of sorts, at Leos. Various and sundry people that I sort of know. Twas fun, to a point. Saw Beau, Richard, Jason (who did an incredibly funny drag number) and others. Had a few drinks, made some conversation and had general fun.

I made a slightly early exit and headed over to the Pub for the post-Tea crowd. I ran into a couple of people that I knew, made more conversation, etc etc. Wasn't too exciting.

Then Beau showed up at the Pub. We hung out, watched videos, etc etc. Then a friend of the guy that Beau is sorta seeing stopped to say hi. He was cute.

He was very cute.

He barely seemed to notice me when Beau introduced us.

His roommate and he hung out for a while. More drinks were had. Then somewhere along the way, he seemed to notice me. The conversation got a little more one on one.

A drink was bought for me.

More conversation.

Compliments exchanged. A phone number offered. More alcohol consumed. A promise made to call me for coffee.

The next day... the day I'm pretty sure he said he'd call. No phone call. No coffee.

A couple days pass. I forget about it cuz work is so busy.

Wednesday evening, I'm sitting at the desk in the back on my lunchbreak. My cellphone rings in my bag. I answer. It's him.

He's sorry that it's last minute, but will I have coffee with him that nite? Yes.

We meet at Rue de la Course on Magazine at 9:30 pm. It's a cool night, my favorite time of the year. We talk. It's extremely comfortable.

He's smart. He's witty. He has insightful things to say about all sorts of things. He keeps my interest.

At one point, in mid conversation, he stops, looks at me and says, "you're very handsome, you know?"

We talk until they make us leave.

Then we stroll across the street to our cars. We stop on the corner to say goodbye and make plans for dinner in the next few days. We kiss goodnight on the corner of the street.

I really can't wait to see him again. This feels... different. I like it.

Dinner Saturday... I'll let ya know how it goes...

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States