Friday, July 11, 2003

Earlier this week, I got a phone call from a friend of mine asking me to drop by the nightclub he manages. I was sort of iffy about leaving my house until he said the magic words, "Elimidate is filming here tonight."

I left burnt rubber marks on my street.

Elimidate is one of those guilty pleasures that I think just about everyone indulges in, on an at least irregular basis. I don't really watch tv anymore, but I used to eat episodes of this show like popcorn.

So, I went by his club and sat at the downstairs bar for a bit drinking Citron. They were filming in the upstairs of the bar and it was closed to the public. But, finally, my friend appeared and he brought me up the stairs to watch.

So... Elimidate has been forever ruined for me. I know that you, gentle reader, will have a hard time believing this... but, it's very very very fake! I arrived just in time to watch the guy make his final decision between the last two girls. And there was an amazing amount of coaching going on from the show's staff.... "ok, let it all out when he chooses... if he doesn't choose you, make your feelings well known." After the decision was made, they reshot the couple telling each other why they chose one another about five times. The little kiss between them you'll see on the show? That could be the first one they exchanged, or the sixth...

And you know how it always looks like they're in a busy club or restaurant when they make their decision? And you know it's busy, cuz there's a crowd of fun people behind them carrying on conversations and having fun? Well, you'll see that on this episode as well... except the crowded bar consisted of about twenty lame ass mother fuckers fake talking just to have the opportunity to be in the background on a tv show. There was no "fun" crowded club. It was empty and closed to the public. The crowd consisted of a bunch of fake talking idiots and the crew.

A few other people were hanging out watching the show tape. I overheard this really cute blond chick talking about the fact that she was going to be a contestant on the show the next week. So, of course, I had to engage her in conversation about this. Imagine this... the casting people had told her, "ok, you're going to be the bitch." Grrrr. They tell them how to act as well?

The blond chick was pretty blase about the whole thing. She said she had no intention of being the bitch. And that she was hoping that the guy on her episode would be a guy she'd been dating, who was also going to be on the show...

Y'all... tv is fake!

Oh well... a couple of days later my friend who manages the club told me that the blond chick had asked about me... she thought I was cute...

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States