Wednesday, May 09, 2001

I'm not very faithful to the Blog Lifestyle yet, am I...?

So, life lately... got stood up for a tentative date on Saturday. The excuse being that his cellphone died and it was Monday before he could access his numbers in it again. Well, at the worst, it was a creative excuse and he did call on Monday. Also stood up by The Ex who was supposed to call me to see if I wanted to hang out with he and his friends at the Country Club. Got a lame apology later by email. Of course, the same evening, a good friend did take me up on my invite to come by while I was grilling some food. I thought he was coming for dinner and conversation. He thought he was coming for sex. I think we were both left a little unsatisfied by the evening. I do like the boy quite a lot though, I just don't like being treated like an outlet for, um... well you know...

And then on Sunday, my eye that had been a little itchy for a couple days, suddenly decided to swell up and get crusty. I assumed pink-eye had gotten me. Then my eyelid starting peeling off. Ick. By the time I go to my doctor on Tuesday morning, the eye was getting better, but my face had gotten a similar peely spot and my throat was all swollen. The verdict was that I scratched my eyelid and got a staph infection in it, which I was then touching and spreading about my skin. ICK!! Day 2 of antibiotics and I'm already 200% better. I did miss 2 days of work and did nothing but sleep all day for 2 days. And eat...

And look at eBay... eBay is SO scary. There's so many things on there I could so easily buy. I can just sit for hours typing in things that pop into my head. I think I may start buying every comic book I find on there that has an appearance in it by Krypto, Superman's dog.

Krypto is absolutely one of the coolest things ever in comic books. I mean, he's a super intelligent dog who has all of Superman's powers. Or, he was in the Silver Age of comics, at least. Things just don't get much cooler than super-powered dogs.

If you ever see a guy running around with a tattoo of Krypto on his back, that's my ex. The bastard stole my tattoo idea. Well, maybe he had my blessing. I think he's convinced himself it was his idea anyway. Regardless, he loves Krypto as much as I do. As does my friend, Brian.

Isn't it scary that there are three thirty-something gay guys in New Orleans who all obsessively love a comic book character who happens to be a super-powered dog?

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States